With expertise in Medical and Scientific Writing, below is a select list of publications completed for our clients. The below list is limited to publications where APEX was recognized as an official author. There are many more examples where APEX operates as a ‘ghost-writer’ and our client is listed as the official author. For obvious reasons, these remain confidential.
- Standardized Cryopreservation of Stem Cells Thompson et al.,Stem Cell Technologies in Neuroscience 2017 pp 193-203
Scientific Publications (peer-reviewed)
- Cell therapy post-production technologies: a select review of key innovations in the field. Thompson et al., Cell and Gene Therapy Insights 2017
- Maximizing PMBC Recovery and viability: A method to optimize and streamline peripheral blood mononuclear cell isolation, cryopreservation, and thawing. Ehrhardt et al. Bioprocess International April, 2015
- Standardized cryopreservation of human primary cells. Ramos et al., Current Protocols in Cell Biology 2014
- Cryopreservation and Thawing of Cells. Yokoyama WM, Thompson ML, and Ehrhardt RO. Current Protocols in Immunology, Nov 2012
- Rate-controlled Cryopreservation and Thawing of Mammalian Cells. Maria Thompson, Michelle Nemits, and Rolf Ehrhardt Protocol Exchange, March 2011
- Bacteria Cryopreservation Protocol. Aurelio Bonavia, Maria Thompson, Brian Schryver, and Dr. Rolf Ehrhardt Protocol Exchange, March 2012
- Virus Cryopreservation Protocol. Aurelio Bonavia, Maria Thompson, and Dr. Rolf Ehrhardt Protocol Exchange, Feb 2012
- Cryopreservation and Thawing of Cells.Yokoyama WM, Thompson ML, and Ehrhardt RO. Current Protocols in Immunology, Nov 2012
- Rate-controlled Cryopreservation and Thawing of Mammalian Cells.Maria Thompson, Michelle Nemits, and Rolf Ehrhardt. Nature Protocol Exchange, March 2011
- Bacteria Cryopreservation Protocol.Aurelio Bonavia, Maria Thompson, Brian Schryver, and Dr. Rolf Ehrhardt. Nature Protocol Exchange, March 2012
- Virus Cryopreservation Protocol.Aurelio Bonavia, Maria Thompson, and Dr. Rolf Ehrhardt. Nature Protocol Exchange, Feb 2012
Scientific Press and Media Articles
- A New Engine: Online research exchanges have the potential to dramatically improve how drug discovery research is done. International Clinical Trials, February 2013
- The Evolution of the Contract Research Organization and the Future of the Pharmaceutical Industry.
- European Pharmaceutical Review, February 2013
- Metabolizing Enzymes and Transporter Proteins. Pharmapendium 2013
Medical Writing and Clinical Appraisals
- Current Perspective on the Use of Opioids in Perioperative Medicine: An Evidence-Based Literature Review, National Survey of 70,000 Physicians, and Multidisciplinary Clinical Appraisal. Jahr et al., Pain Medicine (2017); 0: 1–10 doi: 10.1093/pm/pnx191
- Cancer risks of anti-hyperglycemic drugs for type 2 diabetes treatment – a clinical appraisal. Vora et al., 2017 Journal of Diabetes and Its Complications 31 (2017) 1451–1457
At APEX Think, we use a team of scientific writing consultants to contribute regularly to our clients blogs. All APEX Think writers have advanced degrees (MSc, PhDs and MBAs) with strong writing skills and all are trained in SEO to ensure the content is not only pertinent to the reader but well placed for keywords by the search engines.
- Prior Editor-in-Chief and contributor to several in-house blogs including:
- blog.assaydepot.com (now scientist.com)
- Sample Handling Awareness Campaign Guest Blog. Scientific American Guest Blog September 2011.
- Rare Disease Science Challenge Guest Blog. Scientific American Guest Blog October 2012.
- A “Nobel” Cause Guest Blog. Scientific American Guest Blog August 2013